Who We Are
Revolving Games (RG), a AAA Web3 blockchain game company consisting of game industry veterans that have generated over $5.3B+ in lifetime revenue. Our vision focuses on building social games for the Web3 Blockchain space, powered by NFTs. We are spearheading the fundamental shift in the gaming industry as it moves from Developer-Owned to Player-Owned economies, empowering their communities. While RG is fully-remote, it is headquartered in San Francisco with team members in the United States, Canada, and Pakistan.
We're looking for a motivated experienced Technical Artist. This role will specialize in defining and driving the development of tools and workflows in Unity and bridging the gap between Artists and programmers.
- Act as a liaison between Art and Programming to bring art 2D and 3D assets into the Unity game engine.
- Develop 2D and 3D art pipeline tools as well as identify technical issues and limitations.
- Collaborate with Programming and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems.
- Refine pipelines with tools and scripts to improve efficiency.
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements.
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes.
- Recommend and implement ways to improve visual quality.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Artist.
- Deep understanding of Unity game engine or equivalent.
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling standard package and/or game engines.
- Solid understanding of 3D and 2D art tools like Maya, Photoshop or equivalent 3D and 2D programs.
- Solid understanding of content creation pipelines both in 3D low/high poly modelling, and texturing as well as 2D UI assets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with technical documentation.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and ability to investigate other options and ideas.
- Assisting with content creation for game assets when needed.
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence.
We offer highly competitive compensation that varies depending on the educational background, work experience, and candidate performance during the interview process.
Revolving Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.