Who We Are
Revolving Games (RG), a AAA Web3 blockchain game company consisting of game industry veterans that have generated over $5.3B+ in lifetime revenue. Our vision focuses on building social games for the Web3 Blockchain space, powered by NFTs. We are spearheading the fundamental shift in the gaming industry as it moves from Developer-Owned to Player-Owned economies, empowering their communities. While RG is fully-remote, it is headquartered in San Francisco with team members in the United States, Canada, and Pakistan.
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer who will take a lead role in Game Economy and Balancing within an existing project team. Our team is small and focused, so individual responsibility is high, as is individual ownership; the ideal candidate is ready to jump in and get their hands dirty with every aspect of the design process, from ideation, to spec writing, to content and spreadsheet design work, through the iteration and balancing process and development support.
- Create and iterate on content and feature design for a new unreleased title in development.
- Solve game design problems, define game mechanics, thematics, monetization strategies, and social features into an integrated product.
- Foster creative and scalable design solutions, improving the quality of the product and overall player experience and satisfaction.
- Define product economy, level and play balancing parameters.
- Work collaboratively with other Designers, Product Managers, Artists and Engineers.
- Be a student of evolving game mechanics, emerging player behavior and trends, and champion these insights to improve our game design.
- Passion for mobile free-to-play strategy games.
- 3-5+ years of Game Design experience in mobile free-to-play strategy games.
- 1+ years Operating a launched mobile title.
- BS/BA in quantitative field (Mathematics, Computer Science, Game Design or related field)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to organize game design workflow from initial concept to final release and post-release support.
- Proficient in Excel, and able to provide visual designs with mock-ups in an art program of your choice.
- Strong analytical abilities and able to define game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems.
- Experience with multiple aspects of game design: concept, progression, combat, user interface, monetization, and retention.
- Take pride in creating a high-quality, engaging and social game features.
- Have MMO experience with games based on a virtual-goods economies/business models and ability to analyze game mechanics and systems.
- Awareness of trends in mobile free-to-play games.
- Excellent flowcharting skills
- Limited ego, but not zero ego
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Unity
- Strong content design skills
- UI/UX design experience
- Programming and/or scripting experience
- Experience working on other mobile 4X titles
- Experience working on "midcore" or "hardcore" mobile titles
- Quirky sense of humor
- Strong Smash Bros. skills
We offer highly competitive compensation that could vary depending on the educational background, work experience, and candidate performance during the interview process.
Revolving Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.